With Destiny 2: Shadowkeep less than a week away from launch, players have a great chance to win themselves a signed collector’s PlayStation 4. Joy Osmanski, known as the iconic voice of Failsafe, will be autographing the special collector’s edition Destiny 2 PlayStation 4 with the winner’s choice of their favorite Failsafe quote.
Entering the contest is as simple as donating to Hope for the Warriors, an organization devoted to ensuring that those touched by military service succeed in restoring their sense of self, family, and hope. They work to provide support programs for service members, veterans, and military families. Once a donation in amount has been made, the confirmation number should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be named on Tuesday, October 1st, coinciding with the launch of Shadowkeep.
We love to play @DestinyTheGame and you do, too. Join @joyosmanski & us to support our #veterans and you can win an autographed #Playstation4 & collector's bundle#Destiny https://t.co/wkI3Ap5Vbk pic.twitter.com/sfT2uFb7zh
— HHFTT Podcast (@HHFTTPodcast) September 25, 2019
The collector’s bundle will feature several great extras that are perfect for any Destiny 2 fan, including:
- Destiny 2 base game and Expansion Pass: Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.
- Premium digital content:Legendary Sword, Legendary Player Emote, Cabal Empire Themed Emblem,
- Destiny 2 – Frontier Bag, a customizable bag that can be worn as a backpack or messenger bag
- 15” Laptop/Tablet Sleeve with protective pocket slip
- Frontier Kit, featuring: Solar panel USB charger with built-in light, Paracord, Solar blanket, Limited Edition Steelbook Case
- Cabal-themed Collector’s Box, containing a Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire, Cabal Schematic, Collectible Postcard Images, Cabal Military Pawns
The last time Bungie held a charitable event was in June of this year, with the Guardiancon Charity Marathon. During a four-hour livestream, prizes were offered for besting the developers in a range of modes in Destiny 2. Donations made earned players a variety of in-game items and went as high as studio tours for the highest tiers of donation towards the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The giveaway is a fantastic way to raise awareness for a good cause and is sure to drum up even more hype for Shadowkeep. With recent changes to the pricing structure of the game, now is a great time for new players to check out the action, as well as older players to make a return. New Light will be a part of the new pricing structure for the game and provides a sizable portion of the game for new players, including access to the newest area on the Moon in Shadowkeep.
If a player tries and enjoys the game, they can continue playing for free indefinitely, and only need to make a purchase of the Year 2 content if they wish to experience certain new aspects of the game or unlock certain weapons.
Be sure to make your donation soon, as the contest will be over in only five more days!